Monday, 12 November 2012

Memorable day in the teaching career of Brandon


I would like to share about a memorable teaching moment that happened to me last week. In all of my history classes, the teacher differed to me for a breakdown of the American presidential election. Well, politics is a passion of mine and I jumped at the opportunity to teach students about this topic. Even though it is American politics and my dream is having a class interested in Canadian politics, I found that the American election provided a great teaching opportunity. Along with teaching them about how the system works, I was able to include aspects of the opposing ideologies and there plans for the United Sates. The students were very interested in what I was saying and had lots of questions. I think much of their curiosity came from the large amount of media coverage the election received. From this, I had an incredibly engaged class that wanted to learn about the election. I was proud of my teaching techniques because I could tell the students understood what was happening the night before. Most of the students did not understand how the Electoral College works. After my quick demo, they understood! It was awesome!!    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment